In this course you will learn how to create a new Citrix DaaS deployment on Citrix Cloud, with a resource location on Microsoft Azure. You will also learn how to migrate to Citrix DaaS from an on-premises Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site. Get hands-on as the course guides you through the architecture, communications, management, installation, and configuration of Citrix DaaS on Citrix Cloud and a Microsoft Azure resource location that will host apps and desktops for your users.
This course is a necessary step in enabling you with the right training and skills, to not only understand, manage, and deliver successfully, but also to make well-informed planning decisions along the way.
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR on-premises and the Citrix DaaS.
- Install, configure, and manage Citrix Cloud Connectors.
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines to on-premises resource locations as well as in Microsoft Azure using MCS.
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 2203 LTSR with Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Provide remote access with Citrix StoreFront and Citrix Gateway on Microsoft Azure.
Who Should Attend?
Administrators or engineers
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Introduction to Citrix DaaS
- New Citrix Workspace Packaging
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops – On-Premises Site
- What is Citrix Cloud?
- Why Citrix DaaS?
- What is a Migration from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops to Citrix DaaS?
- Citrix Cloud Administration
2 - Planning - Citrix DaaS Architecture, Security, and Operations
- Architecture and Deployment Options
- Citrix DaaS Security
- Citrix DaaS Operations
3 - Planning – Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Cloud Connector Services and Communications Overview
- Cloud Connector Operations in a Resource Location
- Cloud Connector Resiliency
- Installing, Updating, and Removing Cloud Connectors
- Supported Domain Scenarios for Cloud Connectors
- Securing Cloud Connector Communications
- Local Host Cache (LHC)
- Citrix Cloud Connector vs Delivery Controller Operations
4 - Planning – Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations
- Citrix DaaS Hosting Connections
5 - Active Directory, Authentication, and Authorization
- Active Directory Design Options
- Desktops from Non-Domain Joined VDAs
- Citrix Federated Authentication Service and Identity Provider Services
6 - Planning – Provisioning VDA Workloads and Delivering Resources
- Master Images
- Machine Creation Services (MCS) in Citrix DaaS
- Citrix Provisioning in Citrix DaaS
- Machine Catalogs
- Delivery Groups
- Citrix Cloud Library
7 - Planning – Provide Access in Citrix Cloud
- Selecting Between Citrix digital workspace experience and StoreFront
- Citrix StoreFront and Citrix digital workspace experience Communications
- Selecting Between Citrix Gateway Service and On-Premises Citrix Gateway
- Access Layer Communications
- User Authentication
8 - Planning – Citrix DaaS Administration
- Citrix Cloud Manage and Monitor
- Delegated Administration
- Citrix DaaS Remote PowerShell Software Development Kit
- Manage Multiple Resource Locations
9 - Planning – Public Cloud Considerations
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Using Autoscale to Power Manage Machines in a Public Cloud
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix DaaS Resource Location
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix DaaS Resource Location
- Google Cloud as a Citrix DaaS Resource Location
10 - Planning - Migrating to Citrix DaaS from Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Citrix Automated Configuration Tool
- Citrix Image Portability Service
11 - Manage - Operations and Support in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Connector Support
- Updating and Rolling Back Machine Catalogs
- VDA Restore
- Citrix Self-Help Strategy
- Monitor Your Environment
12 - Introduction to Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
13 - Planning - Citrix DaaS Resource Location on Microsoft Azure
- Overview of Citrix DaaS Components
- Creating a Citrix DaaS Deployment Overview
14 - Planning – Microsoft Azure Overview
- Azure Virtual Network Structure
- Azure Virtual Network Connectivity
- Azure Virtual Resources
- Azure Active Directory Identity and Access Management
- Azure Active Directory Options and Considerations
15 - Planning – Deploying Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix DaaS Resource Locations in Azure
- Citrix DaaS Components in Azure
- Creating and Managing Workloads in an Azure Resource Location
16 - Planning – Provide Access to End Users
- Providing Access to Resources in Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Gateway Deployment Options
- Deploying Citrix Gateway or ADC in Azure
- GSLB and StoreFront Optimal Gateway in Hybrid Environments
17 - Rollout - Citrix DaaS Deployment on Microsoft Azure
- Citrix Workspace App Rollout
- Preparing Migration of
- End-Users to Workspace Platform
18 - Managing - Citrix DaaS Workloads on Microsoft Azure
- Maintaining Citrix Gateway
- Backup and Monitoring in Azure
- Maintaining Master Images in Azure
- Monitoring VDAs in Manage Console and Azure
19 - Optimize - Citrix DaaS on Microsoft Azure
- Managing Azure Costs
- Using Azure Pricing Calculator - Instructor Demo