Giving your documents a well-designed, professional look will put you a step ahead in the marketplace cluttered with all kinds of communications. Paragraph and character styles that allow you to format pages of text uniformly, layout features that help you to build alternate size configurations of your document, and various panels that enable you to easily customize both text and graphics; Adobe® InDesign® CC has all the tools you need to elevate the look of your document and get it out to the people who need to see it, whether it be in print or on the web. This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) InDesign CC exam and the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Print & Digital Media Publication Using Adobe InDesign exam.
Navigate the InDesign interface.
Create a new document.
Customize a document using color, swatches, gradients, and styles.
Manage page elements.
Prepare documents for deployment.
Prepare documents for multiple formats.
Manage advanced page layouts.
Manage styles. • Build complex paths.
Manage external files and create dynamic documents.
Manage long documents.
Publish InDesign files for other formats and customize print settings.
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for students who want to use the basic tools and features of InDesign for creating professional page layouts and designs.
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Getting Started with InDesign
- Identify Components of the InDesign Interface
- Customize the InDesign Interface
- Apply the Navigation Controls and Set Preferences
2 - Designing a Document
- Establish Project Requirements
- Apply Design Principles
- Create a New Document
- Add Text to a Document
- Add Graphics to a Document
3 - Customizing a Document
- Format Characters and Paragraphs
- Apply Colors, Swatches, and Gradients
- Create and Apply Styles
4 - Working with Page Elements
- Arrange and Align Objects
- Apply Layers
- Transform and Manipulate Objects
- Thread Text Frames
- Edit Text
5 - Building Tables
- Create and Modify a New Table
- Format a Table
6 - Preparing a Document for Delivery
- Resolve Errors in a Document
- Export Files for Printing and for the Web
7 - Preparing Documents for Multiple Formats
- Build Layout Versions
- Link Content
8 - Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Create Repeating Content
- Change Text Layouts
- Create Transparency
- Anchor Objects and Manage a Library
9 - Managing Styles
- Import Styles from Microsoft Word Documents
- Manage Styles
10 - Building Complex Paths
- Create Bezier Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Compound Paths
11 - Managing External Files and Creating Dynamic Documents
- Import External Files
- Create Document Sections
- Insert Text Variables
- Create Interactive Documents
12 - Managing Long Documents
- Create a Book
- Build a Table of Contents
- Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Generate an Index and Insert Footnotes
13 - Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats and Customizing Print Settings
- Export PDF Files for Print
- Export Interactive PDF Files and Files for Animation
- Export Files for the Web
- Manage Colors
- Preview the Print Output
- Create Print Presets