The course includes the latest thinking, principles and practices from the DevOps community including real-world case studies from high performing organizations including ING Bank, Ticketmaster, Capital One, Alaska Air, Target, Fannie Mae, Societe Generale, and Disney that engage and inspire learners, leveraging multimedia and interactive exercises that bring the learning experience to life, including the Three Ways as highlighted in the Phoenix Project by Gene Kim and the latest from the State of DevOps report.
Learners will gain an understanding of DevOps, the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration, and automation to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals.
The course is designed for a broad audience, enabling those on the business side to obtain an understanding of Kubernetes and Containers. Those on the technical side will obtain an understanding as to the business value of DevOps to reduce cost (15-25% overall IT cost reduction) with increased quality (50-70% reduction in change failure rate) and agility (up to 90% reduction in provision and deployment time) to support business objectives in support of digital transformation initiatives. NOTE: This course will earn you 14 PDUs.
The learning objectives for DevOps Foundation include an understanding of:
DevOps objectives and vocabulary
Benefits to the business and IT
Principles and practices including Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, testing, security and the Three Ways
DevOps relationship to Agile, Lean and ITSM
Improved workflows, communication and feedback loops
Automation practices including deployment pipelines and DevOps toolchains
Scaling DevOps for the enterprise
Critical success factors and key performance indicators
Real-life examples and results
Who Should Attend?
The target audience for the DevOps Foundation course includes Management, Operations, Developers, QA and Testing professionals such as: Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations or IT service management. Individuals who require an understanding of DevOps principles IT professionals working within, or about to enter, an Agile Service Design Environment. The following IT roles: Automation Architects, Application Developers, Business Analysts, Business Managers, Business Stakeholders, Change Agents, Consultants, DevOps Consultants, DevOps Engineers, Infrastructure Architect, Integration Specialists, IT Directors, IT Managers, IT Operations, IT Team Leaders, Lean Coaches, Network Administrators, Operations Managers, Project Managers, Release Engineers, Software Developers, Software Tester/QA, System Administrators, Systems Engineers, System Integrators, Tool Providers
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
Learning Credits: Learning Credits can be purchased well in advance of your training date to avoid having to commit to specific courses or dates. Learning Credits allow you to secure your training budget for an entire year while eliminating the administrative headache of paying for individual classes. They can also be redeemed for a full year from the date of purchase. If you have previously purchased a Learning Credit agreement with New Horizons, you may use a portion of your agreement to pay for this class.
Corporate Tech Pass: Our Corporate Tech Pass includes unlimited attendance for a single person, in the following Virtual Instructor Led course types: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Technical, CompTIA, Project Management, SharePoint, ITIL, Certified Ethical Hacker, Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator, Java, Professional Development Courses and more. The full list of eligible course titles can be found at https://www.newhorizons.com/eligible.
If you have questions about Learning Credits or our Corporate Tech Pass, please contact your Account Manager.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
1 - Exploring DevOps
- Defining DevOps
- Why Does DevOps Matter?
2 - Core DevOps Principles
- The Three Ways
- The First Way
- The Theory of Constraints
- The Second Way
- The Third Way
- Chaos Engineering
- Learning Organizations
3 - Key DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery
- Site Reliability & Resilience Engineering
4 - Business and Technology Frameworks
- Safety Culture
- Learning Organizations
- Continuous Funding
5 - Culture, Behaviors & Operating Models
- Defining Culture
- Behavioral Models
- Organizational maturity models
- Target Operating Models
6 - Automation & Architecting DevOps Toolchains
- DevOps Toolchain
7 - Measurement, Metrics, and Reporting
- The Importance of Metrics
- Technical Metrics
- Business Metrics
- Measuring & Reporting Metrics
8 - Sharing, Shadowing and Evolving
- Collaborative Platforms
- Immersive, Experiential Learning
- DevOps Leadership
- Evolving Change