This course provides detailed information on the architecture of an Oracle Database instance and database, enabling you to effectively manage your database resources. You learn how to create database storage structures appropriate for the business applications supported by your database. In addition, you learn how to create users and administer database security to meet your business requirements. Basic information on backup and recovery techniques is presented in this course.
To provide an acceptable response time to users and manage resources effectively, you learn how to monitor your database and manage performance.
- Describe Oracle Database architecture
- Describe Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) architecture and features
- Create and manage DBCS database deployments
- Configure the database to support your applications
- Manage database security and implement auditing
- Implement basic backup and recovery procedures
- Move data between databases and files
- Employ basic monitoring procedures and manage performance
Who Should Attend?
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
1 - Course Outline
- Introduction to Oracle Database
- Accessing an Oracle Database
- Creating an Oracle Database by Using DBCA
- Creating an Oracle Database by Using a SQL Command
- Starting Up and Shutting Down a Database Instance
- Managing Database Instances
- Oracle Net Services: Overview
- Configuring Naming Methods
- Configuring and Administering the Listener
- Configuring a Shared Server Architecture
- Configuring Oracle Connection Manager for Mulitplexing and Access Control
- Creating PDBs from Seed
- Using Other Techniques to Create PDBs
- Managing PDBs
- Creating and Managing Tablespaces
- Improving Space Usage
- Managing Undo Data
- Creating and Managing User Accounts
- Configuring Privilege and Role Authorization
- Configuring User Resource Limits
- Implementing Oracle Database Auditing
- Introduction to Loading and Transporting Data
- Loading Data
- Transporting Data
- Using External Tables to Load and Transport Data
- Automated Maintenance Tasks: Overview
- Automated Maintenance Tasks: Managing Tasks and Windows
- Database Monitoring and Tuning Overview
- Monitoring Database Performance
- Database Processes
- Managing Memory
- Analyzing SQL and Optimizing Access Paths