The student begins by gaining a deeper understanding of possibly the most important job of a DBA – backup and recovery. The concepts and architecture that support backup and recovery, along with implementation in various ways and situations are covered in detail. Students gain knowledge of the Recovery Manager (RMAN) command-line interface for various backup, failure, restore, and recovery scenarios, including data duplication.
Extensive hands-on practices and workshop scenarios provide the student with experience in a realistic technical environment. This course includes an interactive workshop that provide participants with opportunities to diagnose and recover from several failure scenarios, based on backup and recovery case studies.
After completing this course, students should be able to evaluate their own recovery requirements and develop an appropriate strategy for backup and recovery procedures.
Versions Supported: 19c, 18c, 12c
Develop appropriate backup and recovery procedures to address your business needs.
Implement backup and recovery settings and perform backup operations to disk and tape.
Employ Oracle Database recovery procedures to recover from media and other failures.
Diagnose and repair data failures.
Use flashback technologies and data duplication to complement backup and recovery procedures.
Secure the availability of your database by appropriate backup and recovery strategies.
Who Should Attend?
Oracle Database Administrator
Data Warehouse Administrator
- Top-rated instructors: Our crew of subject matter experts have an average instructor rating of 4.8 out of 5 across thousands of reviews.
- Authorized content: We maintain more than 35 Authorized Training Partnerships with the top players in tech, ensuring your course materials contain the most relevant and up-to date information.
- Interactive classroom participation: Our virtual training includes live lectures, demonstrations and virtual labs that allow you to participate in discussions with your instructor and fellow classmates to get real-time feedback.
- Post Class Resources: Review your class content, catch up on any material you may have missed or perfect your new skills with access to resources after your course is complete.
- Private Group Training: Let our world-class instructors deliver exclusive training courses just for your employees. Our private group training is designed to promote your team’s shared growth and skill development.
- Tailored Training Solutions: Our subject matter experts can customize the class to specifically address the unique goals of your team.
Configuring for Recoverability
Using the RMAN Recovery Catalog
Backup Strategies and Terminology
Improving Your Backups
Using RMAN Encrypted Backups
Restore and Recovery Concepts
Performing Complete Recovery
Performing Point-in-time Recovery
Performing Additional Recovery Options
Using Flashback Technologies
Duplicating a Database
RMAN Troubleshooting and Tuning